Digital Filmmaking | Kelowna, BC
Ever thought about making a career out of your love for film? Our Digital Filmmaking professional diploma program offers 18 months of intense film training in Kelowna, BC, preparing you for a variety of roles in the growing film industry across Canada. The program combines both traditional film studies – such as the filmmaking process and the history of film and cinematography – with solid hands on technical and artistic training in a studio environment to prepare students for careers in film.
Kelowna, BC Film School Training
As a student in our Digital Filmmaking program, you will be immersed in a real movie studio setting, learning film production techniques, including the equipment, skills and protocols necessary to work as a crew member on film, video or TV location shoots.
Digital Filmmaking program highlights include:
- Working from start to finish on a number of productions, in rotating roles. You might be directing or running camera operations during one shoot, and heading up sound or lighting on the next project.
- Working with industry professionals – specialists in sound, cinematography, directing, and otherwise – in class and on mentored film shoots.
- Exploring some of the areas of specialization that you might decide to focus on – documentary filmmaking, sound for film and video, broadcast production, post-production, cinematography and more.
Upon completion of the Digital Filmmaking program, you will graduate with:
- The tools and knowhow needed in order to create a demo reel to show off your best work and help land you your first job.
- A well rounded background in crew work around sets and in pre and post production.
- A number of polished individual short films that you can enter into film festivals and competitions.
- A solid understanding of how the film industry works and what the current demands are, along with the business and networking tools you need to work towards your dream career.
Ready to start seriously considering your future in the film industry? (We thought so!) Introduce yourself to us through our online inquiry form so we can put you in touch with a Digital Filmmaking program advisor!
Film school students at Centre for Arts and Technology gain hands-on production experience in a number of areas, making them suitable for a variety of film careers. These include: