Digital Bootcamp 2014 | Halifax
Duty Calls On April 1st to 3rd 2014
Centre for Arts and Technology’s Digital Bootcamp is your chance to explore a career in digital art or design. This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Studio spaces and guidance from our industry professional instructors will help you determine your skill set for a future career. Get in the classroom, get hands on and get creative to build a project.
This event is open to students in grade 10, 11, 12, and high school graduates with an interest in digital arts. Seats are reserved on a first come, first serve basis with first priority given to Grade 12 applicants.
How to apply:
Step 1: Choose a mission - What career paths are you most interested in learning about? What kind of skills or interests do you have? Read the mission content for a description of what each mission will consist of. Check out your missions HERE!
Step 2: Fill out an application form - Have your parents sign it, and send it to the Halifax campus by March 3rd, 2014. Please identify your top 3 program choices by numbering in order of preference in the box beside the mission. Application Form HERE!
Step 3: Registration fee - There is a $150 fee to register and attend Digital Bootcamp, which can be paid online through our website, or with a cheque. The registration fee includes lunch for 3 days, mission supplies and a Bootcamp Survival Kit. Pay online HERE!
Step 4: Check your inbox - We’ll send you email updates once your application has been received about the event. You can also follow us on twitter (@CAT_Halifax) to keep in the loop about the campus.
Understand your educational options at Centre for Arts and Technology
- Get hands on experience and education towards career planning for professions in the digital arts and design industry.
- Learn about industry standards software, and techniques used by professionals.
- Work individually or as a team creating a portfolio piece with other students from across the provinces who share your passion.
- Present your project to your instructors, classmates and family/friends through our Open House.
- Tour the campus and chat with some of our current students. Parents will also have the chance to speak directly with Program Advisors and Financial Aid Officers.
- Animation for Game, Film & Visual Effects
- Audio Engineering & Production
- Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Photography
- Fashion Design & Merchandising
- Event & Promotions Management
- Network Administrator Specialist
- Graphic Design & Web Development